Care for your products
Each of our products is subject to high quality requirements regarding the quality of production processes, raw materials and manual production. Nonetheless, each piece should be handled with care.
Treat your jewelery with love so that you enjoy it for a long time. Avoid prolonged contact with water, remove the jewelry when washing hands or swimming, as both salt and water can damage the stones and the metal.
To avoid damage, do not wear jewelry when working in the house or garden, as cleaners and hard objects can damage the coating and leave scratches. Especially perfumes, sprays and skin creams can damage the rhodium or gold coating and dissolve the glue that holds the crystals in their socket. Sweat also has a corrosive effect, so wearing jewelry while exercising is not recommended.
Rules of thumb
- Keep your jewelry separately in its original packaging or in soft pouches. This will prevent your favorite pieces from scratching each other.
- Once in a while polish your jewelry with a soft cloth to maintain its lustrous shine. Silver pieces might oxidize; don’t fret, polishing will solve the problem
- When donning, be sure to wear the jewelry last. It will also prevent scratches. When changing, make sure to first take off the jewelry
- Avoid contact with hard objects
Our products are manufactured using carefully selected materials and are subject to rigorous production standards and quality controls.
We want you to be happy with our jewels, so Westa GmbH offers a 2 years full statutory warranty covering manufacturing and material defects for genuine branded Oliver Weber Collection products purchased directly from us (including our Online Shop) or our partners. The warranty only covers damage that in the opinion of Westa GmbH or our partner’s is not caused by accident or inappropriate use, ordinary wear and tear, modification, attempted repair, negligence or by failure to follow our care advice.
In order to use our warranty service, please send us (or to the shop you purchased our jewelry from) the jewel in question together with its purchase receipt and guarantee card. At our discretion, we will either:
- repair it, depending on the degree of damage and the availability of replacement parts
- replace the item with an identical one (if available)
- substitute it with a piece of comparable value